Seasoned leaders know firsthand, the pace of change is increasing exponentially. They also know the pressure on them to successfully lead the changes their organisations need to survive depends on their ability to build and lead stand-out teams.
Unfortunately, not all teams are where they need to be in terms of their capacity to lead the scale of change required. The challenge for leaders of transformative change is how to deliver what’s necessary with the people they have available.
- A mixed team – that has all the challenges of both the newly minted and legacy teams, as well as the challenge of getting everyone on the same page and moving forward at pace.
Regardless of the scenario, leaders need to rapidly get their people to a level where they can not only do the work required, but lead the rest of the organisation to a new and unknown destination.
This facilitated workshop is a step beyond high performance team sessions. It guides leaders and their teams through the journey of building a team with the capability to collectively lead transformational change.
It can be run as a two-day event or a series of four half-day workshops.
Over the course of the session, we’ll work through a series of facilitated conversations to enable the team to:
- Own what drives them individually and collectively and harness this to ignite momentum for themselves and their stakeholders
- Understand the team’s DNA in terms of preferred ways of working and what team members will and won't do in the pursuit of their goals
- Step into the team identity needed to lead transformation
- Identify and cherry-pick the best learning from world-class teams and then adapt this learning for their purposes
- Develop the discipline to frequently reflect on their performance and “tweak” outcomes to ensure they only learn once
- Raise the bar on what they expect of themselves to the point where they surprise themselves
- Ruthlessly focus on the must do’s and gracefully manage the fall outs from the inevitable sacrifices
- Decide and name the right domain of mastery and articulate what the journey looks like from here to there
- Commit to regular renewal, individually and collectively, to ensure they bring the best of themselves to the challenges they are tasked with
“Quite simply Anne gets senior teams.”
From the first meeting, I knew Anne was the one to work with us. With a newly formed team and working in a fast paced and changing environment, we needed to quickly come together and understand what would be required of us to see it through.
Anne’s process gave us the platform to see ourselves and each other in a different light, and have the crucial conversations needed to set ourselves on a course to succeed. Her perceptive and nuanced facilitation enabled her to rapidly connect with a diverse range of personalities, and her gentle coaching enabled me to show up in the most helpful ways for others.
She confidently steered us, in between bursts of hilarity, to ensure we completed the work needed, even when our exuberance took over. Quite simply Anne gets senior teams. As a facilitator she is wise, direct, and practical. I’d highly recommend Anne to any senior leader needing to get their team in shape to lead significant change.
“Anne is my go-to trusted advisor.”
I have been privileged to work with Anne in both my previous and current roles – in fact I brought Anne with me!
In my previous role as Operations Manager with responsibly for a site of 600 for within a global, multi-site organisation, we were challenged with low engagement. This impacted not only morale and performance, but the quality of decision-making. Anne’s non-threatening, open and honest style allowed her to flush out the deep causes affecting engagement, rather than the superficial window dressing reasons so often given. Something had to change – starting with me.
Anne provided support at multiple levels including as a mentor to both me and my senior team to help us regain our “mojo”. One year on and the engagement survey results showed significant upwards movement, and engagement was no longer just a metric. Moreover, we received organisation-wide recognition for our efforts, winning the hotly contested internal “Best Site Cup” recognising the safety, sustainability, productivity and cost performance improvement achieved on the back of increased engagement. Without Anne’s insight and ability to connect our teams and leaders these successes would have been unthinkable.
When I started at Taura, Anne was one of the first people I called. She has facilitated a series of workshops tailored to enable our senior team to grasp the scale of the transformation we need to lead and change their focus and behaviours to make it happen. Twelve months on and the “silo” behaviours that defined the Leadership Team have changed; “we’ve got this” is the collaborative behaviour driving the new way of working. We have clarity with our strategy and our values have been brought to life through recognition of simple behaviours. Our business is experiencing double figure growth and our leaders are more equipped to sustain this into the future.
Anne is my go-to trusted advisor. She is quick to grasp situations, consistently aligns her expertise to the outcome we are after, navigates the conversation through challenging issues and is deeply discreet. She is respected, admired and trusted by the teams she works with and those of us who call on her services.